Following tradition, on the morning of Saturday of 27th January 2018, a day after ISRAMAN-EILAT, on the same beach, we will be blow the horns starting the International Red Sea SwimCup.
The International Red Sea SwimCup is the only winter open sea swim race in the northern hemisphere, and is possible due to the year-round pleasant temperature in the Gulf of Eilat (21 degrees centigrade – 70 degrees Fahrenheit).
The Gulf of Eilat, on the northern tip of the Red Sea, is world famous as the premier open-water sea swimming venue on the planet.
The regal red mountains, the enchanting sunrises and the majestic sunsets, provide the ultimate backdrop for a perfect swim in the calm deep-blue waters.
A golden opportunity to pick the swim best suited to you – whether a race against elite swimmers, a long distance watery meditation, a recovery after ISRAMAN-EILAT, or a fun swim with friends or family – the International Red Sea SwimCup has it all.
We can’t wait!
The International Red Sea SwimCup will include competitive and non-competitive swims as well as short fun/family swim.
The details off the International Red Sea SwimCup special registration prices for ISRAMAN-EILAT participants
|500 m’fun/family||1.5 kms Competitive – no wetsuit;Non competitive – wetsuit allowed||5 kms Competitive – no wetsuit;Non competitive – wetsuit allowed||7.5 kms* Competitive – no wetsuit;Non competitive – wetsuit allowed|
|Early Kit Pick Up/Late Registration at the ShvoongShop as part of the Israman Expo||Friday, January 26th||16:00-19:00||16:00-19:00||16:00-19:00||16:00-19:00|
|Start time||Saturdy, January 27th||8:45||8:20||7:45||7:00|
|Early Registration – Until 8th January 23:59||Israman Participants||30 NIS||45 NIS||60 NIS||75 NIS|
|Non-Israman Participants||50 NIS||90 NIS||130 NIS||160 NIS|
|Last Chance Registration until 25th|
|Israman Participants||40 NIS||60 NIS||75 NIS||90 NIS|
|Non-Israman Participants||80 NIS||160 NIS||200 NIS||240 NIS|
|Day before registration – Not available for competitive|
|Israman Participants||50 NIS||80 NIS||100 NIS||110 NIS|
|Non-Israman Participants||80 NIS||160 NIS||200 NIS||250 NIS|
- Participants in the 7.5 kms swim must submit a medical approval to compete, at the time of pick up of the participant kit.
- All participants except of the 500 fun/family heat will receive a timing chip
- Participants not wearing wetsuits will be included in the competitive heat whereas participants wearing wetsuits will be included in the non-competitive heat
- The participants of the non-competitive heat will have personal time results, but will not be eligible to compete for the prizes and standings of the different categories
How to get to Eilat
Some visitors arriving from Europe may land at Ovda airport (VDA) which is a 50 minute drive from Eilat. In that case, a special bus shuttle which stops at all major hotels will take you into the city.
Most international flights land in Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion Airport).
There are a few options for transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat:
1. Domestic flights by Israir and Arkia airlines – both have flights from Ben Gurion Airport and Sde Dov airport (small airport inside Tel Aviv) To Eilat. Eilat airport is located at the city center, and is a very short (5 minute) drive to most hotels. . There is an extra charge of 120 ILS each way for bike transfer.
2. By car – 3.5 hours drive
For domestic flights and car rentals you can check our special rates with our tour operator: email@example.com
3. By bus from Tel Aviv central station or Jerusalem central station
4. By train From the airport to Beer Seva and bus from Beer Seva to Eilat