"Crocodile Swim" is an adventure
Much more than just a sea swim, “Crocodile Swim” is an adventure.
Off one of Israel’s hidden beaches, at kibbutz Ma’agan Michael, near the mouth of “Crocodile Stream” (testament to the crocodiles that inhabited it many years ago), five magical islands emerge from the bed of the Mediterranean Sea. The Crocodile Swim – Island Adventure, takes us around and between the islands, combining pristine nature with popular and competitive swims, remembering Niri and Amiram Vered.
The preparation is on you, the adventure, discovery and excitement are on us.
Long distance – 4.5 kms
Middle distance – 3 kms
Short distance – 1.5 kms
Non timed/family swim: 700 meters
Start-Finish – Maagan Michael beach.
In case of rough seas, the alternate date is September 30th, 2018, at the same times.
Forecast water temp. – 28 centigrade
Timetable, start times, and Cut-off times
Cut-Off time (after start)
Start of gathering, and receipt of participant number
Start 1: Long distance swim – 4.5 kms
Start 2: Middle distance swim – 3 kms
Start 3: Short distance swim – 1.5 kms
Start 4: Non-timed/Family swim – 700 meters
Final medal ceremony (approximate time)
Maagan Michael Beach
28 Degrees Centigrade
Check in the applicable box during registration
Age Categories (in the timed swims only)
|Under 17||Under 17|
* No double prizes
** Minimum 5 participants per category
- No wetsuits allowed
- Swim suits – pool approved textile –
Men – below the bellybutton and above the knee
Women – Above the knee
- Cut-off times –
Long Distance (4.5 kms) – 2 hours
Middle Distance (3 kms) – 1:30 hours
Short Distance (1.5 kms) – 45 minutes
- Result appeals – at the site of the swim, and up to 15 minutes prior to 09:30 a.m. No appeals will be heard after such time.
- Trophies and medals will only be handed out on the day of the swim. A participant that does not stay for the closing ceremony will not be entitled to receive a trophy or a medal.
In case of timing with personal chips, if a participant fails to return of the chip, such participant will be charge with 50 NIS.
- Parking – At the parking places of Maagan Michael regional school, and the kibbutz’s gymnasium.
- Instructions – Drive on route No. 4 to the Maagan Michael interchange. Take the interchange entry west and drive to the gate Maagan Michael. Immediately after the gate, turn right and continue with the paved road until the Regional School’s parking lot.
- Waze – Click here
Registration and Prices
|Swim Distance||Early Registration price (until Sept. 12th at 10:00 am)||Late Registration (until Sept. 26th at 10:00 am)|
On Site Registation
Morning of the Swim
|Long Distance 4.5 kms||140 NIS||160 NIS||180 NIS (subject to availability)|
|Middle Distance 3 kms||130 NIS||150 NIS||170 NIS (subject to availability)|
|Short Distance 1.5 kms||100 NIS||120 NIS||150 NIS (subject to availability)|
|700 meters (non timed)||50 NIS||70 NIS||100 NIS|
Shvoong’s Cancellation Policy is in accordance with the Consumer Protection Law and its regulations.
To read the full Cancellation Policy – Click Here
In order to cancel your registration or update details for the event, click – unsubscribe – and fill out all the details.
For any change in the details of the registrant, please contact Shvoong by e-mail only, no later than the closing Registration.
Depending on sea conditions, the swim may be delayed to Sunday, 30th September, at the same scheduled hours, or to any later date.
No refund will be provided if the swim is delayed to an Alternative Date.
Any swimmer that could not participate due to a date change, will be entitled to receive the Crocodile Swim giveaway at Shvoong offices in Rosh Ha’ayin during working hours, up to 15 days after the Swim.
- Prices are subject to registration at Shvoong website (registration for the event will be confirmed upon payment and receiving an order number)
- Registration on site is available at higher cost, therefore it is recommended to register in advance
- Payment via telephone – plus NIS 20
- Order number and ID must be presented at reception stands.
- If you experience difficulties in online registration, please be advised not to register via computers in workplaces ith various browsing firewall security, or try to register from another computer.
Discounts and registration for groups of over 10 participants – please contact the following link by e-mail: email@example.com
To receive the discount, enter the discount code in the appropriate field and click ‘Update Prices’.
Without the aforementioned action, the discount will not be accepted.
Once registered, retroactive discount will not be granted.
If you wish to cancel your registration and register again, you can do so in accordance with the cancellation policy of the event. * Discount is will be confirmed by inserting a discount code only
Please check the Swim website on the eve of the swim for possible changes in start times, that may occur due to the number of participants in each distance.
No arguments will be heard with respect to changes in the start times.
No arguments will be heard in case of a change of the date of the swim to an alternative date. No refund will be provided if the swim is delayed to an Alternative Date.